Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dissertations are Hard Work

Above: the understatement of the year. Last week I finished my 14,000-word Master's dissertation on Toni Morrison and Dante Alighieri (yes, you read that correctly) entitled "'Bound and gathered in a single book': Reading Toni Morrison's Beloved, Jazz, and Paradise as a 'Dantesque' Trilogy." Very impressive-sounding, I know. It combines the medieval concentration of my undergrad years with the modern/postmodern study of my Master's degree, and this is super nerdy so I'm gonna stop. If you really want to know more, leave a comment or email me or whatever.

Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm finally finished with it, and now I can focus on other things, like blogging. I have a lot of great blog post ideas lined up, which I'm totally going to follow up on. Just you wait! I will!

Here's a sneak peak of what's to come: The jnd, Fringe Festival, moving back to the US, and more! Hey, I might even get around to blogging about Dublin some more. (Remember that? Yeah, me neither.) I'm sorry I've slacked the past couple months, but I'm back, dear readers, and it's going to be great!

For now, I leave you with this important Public Service Announcement*:



*Mommy, Etsy is an online store that sells cute handmade crafts, like those earrings I bought, and Manic Pixie Dream Girls are explained in this Wikipedia article.

No comments:

Post a Comment