Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm moving to Scotland! AHH!


I haven't really mentioned this on the blog, and since most you know me personally, it didn't really seem necessary, but for those who don't know and are at all interested, I am moving to Scotland. On Thursday.

It's only for a year while I pursue a Master's in English from the University of Edinburgh. But what that means for you, dear reader, is that my blog posts are about to get a whole lot more interesting! And by that I mean, they are about to deal a lot more with life as a grad student living abroad and a lot less with life as an unemployed person. I hope that translates into "more interesting." Only time will tell.

I could go into the story of how I got to this point: applying to grad school, getting rejected, then getting in but in a different country. It's kind of a funny story actually, one that involves massive amounts of low self-esteem, followed by some very high self-esteem and ultimately, the prospect of a rather scary move to a new country, where I will have a make new friends for the first time in 5 years. But that's all in the past!

It's time to look to the future, my friends. To a future in which I will probably be writing a lot about haggis and people with funny accents. So get ready for that.

Thursday is fast approaching and I still need to pack, so in honor of Labor Day and to set up all my future posts about America vs. the UK, I will leave you with this:

"American History According to a British Teenager"*




*Note: I don't think the fact that this kid is British has anything to do with his being horrible at history, but isn't it fun to laugh at teenagers?

No comments:

Post a Comment