Monday, July 12, 2010

My Favorite Chicken Recipe

This really has nothing to do with Scotland EXCEPT that I cooked it in Scotland last week. So now I will transcribe this favorite recipe for you, dear reader. Note: you will need a crockpot.

Ingredients:
chicken (4 breasts or so)
4 oz. chive cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 packet Italian salad dressing mix
1 can Golden Mushroom soup (Cream of Mushroom works too)

Place chicken in the bottom of a crockpot. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add Italian salad dressing packet and mix well. Add soup and cream cheese. Blend. Pour warm sauce over chicken. Cook... well, as long as you want, really. I usually do 6-8 hours on low, but if you're pressed for time, do 4 hours on high. The most important thing is that the chicken cooks through. You can eat it straight or serve it over rice or pasta or something. The chicken just falls apart. It's delicious. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment